Sunday 5 April 2020

Bottling Day!

So in anticipation that we may be stuck at home for an extended period of time I thought I would plan ahead and make sure I have enough alcohol to see me through this.

With this in mind I thought I would retry my hand at home brewing. So I went and bought a new homebrew kit from a shop in Williamstown, as well as the supplies to make a couple of small batches of cider. (Most of my friends don't like the taste of beer).

So I have brewed 20 litres (56 stubbies) of Berliner Weisse (sour beer), two long necks of pink lady apple cider, two long necks of pink lady/strawberry/raspberry cider, and one long neck that is a mix of the two.

10 kgs of Apples
Juicing the apples
Ready to be bottled
Prepping everything before bottling
Siphoning the apple cider
I tried to filter the cider (got most of it I think)
And now I have to wait another two weeks before I get to drink them.


No comments :

Post a Comment